The Windows Explorer File Management utility needs to be configured as follows in order to properly view the ClearSync Desktop data files as
specified in the above instructions.
* The following instructions are for Windows XP systems -- while all the steps are essentially the same for Windows 2000, XP, and Vista, some of the
menu & configuration dialog choices will vary.
1) Right-click the Windows <Start> button and select <Explore> from near the top of the menu list that appears.
* This will open the utility with the current <Windows User Name> folder open, which is where the ClearSync HotSync / ClearSync 1 Desktop Viewer data
files are stored.
2) Click the <View> menu pull down and make sure the <Details> option at the bottom of the second section is selected (the black dot indicates the
3) Click the <Tools> menu pull down and select <Folder Options>.
Windows Vista / 7
* "Folder Options" is located in the Control Panel (accessible from the Windows <Start> menu).
4) Make sure that the <Use Windows classic folders> option is selected in the "Tasks" section at the top of the <General> tab.
5) Click the <View> tab.
6) In the "Advanced settings" section, make sure that:
* The <Show hidden files and folders> option is selected
* The <Hide extensions for known file types> box is NOT checked
7) Click <Apply to All Folders> under the "Folder views" section and select <Yes> when prompted to "Set all the folders on your computer to match the
current folder's view settings". Then click <Apply>, followed by <OK> to close the "Folder Options" dialog.