It's easy to import Google® calendars into ClearSync -- all you need is the ClearSync 2 Desktop or Online application running on your PC.
- Login to Google Calendar via a PC browser and go to Settings.
- Under "My Calendars", select Export calendars.
- An Open or Save As dialog will appear -- which type depends on the browser -- listing a <Google_accountname.ical.zip> file.
NOTE: If there is only one calendar in this Google Account, there is no zip file -- go directly to Step 6.
- Save the file, noting the location where it gets stored.
IMPORTANT: If you rename the file, be sure to retain the <.zip> extension.
- Open the zip file on your computer and Extract the <.ics> calendar files.
- Bring up either the ClearSync 2 browser-based online Viewer or Desktop application.
- Click the Preferences icon and uncheck the "Enable autosync" box to turn it off. Be sure to re-enable it when the import is complete.
- From the ClearSync 2 Calendar Viewer, select the Import icon .
- Browse to the <.ics> calendar you wish to import, select it and click Open.
- Larger files may take a few moments to be accessed by the Importer.
- if you prefer to merge the imported events into a current ClearSync calendar, select Existing Calendar and check the target calendar box.
- Click OK.
- Use the Calendar Manager to assign Access Permissions and a color to the imported calendar(s).
- After syncing through the ClearSync Server, the imported events will then appear in your other ClearSync applications, such as on your Android phone, and any new calendars can also be shared with others via your My ClearSync Home .