ClearSync To Outlook
The first release of the ClearSync To Outlook (CS2O) sync utility allows you to automatically sync one or more designated Microsoft Outlook calendars and with corresponding ClearSync calendars and/or Google calendars (via the ClearSync Google Sync - CSGS feature). See below for how to get a CS2O Beta version that adds contacts syncing.
Before proceeding, please also carefully review:
- ClearSync To Outlook Overview
- System Requirements (see below)
- ClearSync To Outlook Installation and Usage
- Current Major Known Issues (see below)
ClearSync To Outlook for Contacts - Beta Available Now!
Support for syncing Outlook Contacts is currently in Beta testing. Please submit a Support Request if you would like to try it out.
- PC OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (Disk Space: 4.9MB)
- Outlook: 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013
- ClearSync Account: ClearSync To Outlook ($9.95), Silver ($19.95), Gold ($59.95), or Free Trial Account (Gold equivalent for 15 days) -or-
Click the following links to download the CS2O Installer and to access the User Documentation for important additional installation & usage information.
- ClearSync To Outlook.exe (scroll to the bottom of the page)
- ClearSync To Outlook User Documentation (in PDF format)
- Search Outlook Help for information about backing up your Outlook <.pst> data folder.
- Existing ClearSync users: see the Back Up ClearSync 2 Desktop Data Files article for directions on backing up your ClearSync data.
Please send a Support Request if you have any questions, encounter any problems, have constructive feedback, or would like to be notified when future Beta test versions become available. Please be sure to indicate the urgency level for a reply and include the following info:
- ClearSync Account: Username, License Type & Expiration Date
- Windows: Version and bit type for Vista, Win7, & Win8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Java: Version & bit type (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Outlook: Version & bit type (32 bit or 64 bit)
- ClearSync Apps: ClearSync for Android, ClearSync 2 Desktop or browser-based online Viewer
- Reporting Problems: Please include a step-by-step description of what preceded the problem, the full text of any error messages, and attach copies of your <BridgeError.log>, <ClearSync To Outlook.log>, and <BridgeSQL.db> files (see the end of the User Documentation for where to find these files).
A) Spanned Events
Since the current ClearSync calendar applications do not recognize events that span across multiple days in Outlook -- eg: Start = 6pm Monday and End = 10am Tuesday (or Wednesday or ...) -- CS2O does not sync these events. The one exception is when each day of the Outlook spanned event are "All Day" events, in which case CS20 converts the spanned event into an "All Day" recurring daily event in ClearSync.
- Solution: The ClearSync Sync Server database and all calendar apps need to be modified to accommodate spanned events.
- Fix: We hope to incorporate this functionality when the next major Sync Server & CS apps upgrade project begins later in the year. However, which specific new application features & sync operations will be included in which of the expected 2 or possibly 3 phases of what will be a significant engineering & testing effort are still TBD.
B) Repeating Events
A ClearSync event that repeats every 2 years or more will be converted to an Outlook event repeating every year (a warning notice will appear in the Report). If the Outlook Bridge SQL database file (<BridgeSQL.db>) is deleted, the <First Time Match> process duplicates the yearly repeating item on the Outlook side and propagates the copy to the ClearSync side. See the User Documentation for important information about possible event duplication that deleting this file may cause.
- Solution: TBD
- Fix: TBD