How to end a "stranded" ClearSync 2 desktop application process
These instructions assume that the ClearSync 2 Desktop application is not running but one or more of its Java program "threads" have been left running -- i.e., "stranded" -- when the application has not been closed properly.
- Bring up the the Windows Task Manager.
- Select the Processes tab.
- Select the Image Name column title bar to sort the processes alphabetically.
- Scroll down to the javaw.exe entry and right-click it to bring up a menu.
NOTE The processes for Java-based applications such as ClearSync 2 generally do not named application specific.
- Select End Process Tree from the menu.
NOTE This is the generally-preferred method for some types of applications & applets instead of a "simple" End Process.
- Click Yes when prompted by the "Task Manager Warning" dialog.
You should now be able to launch the ClearSync 2 Desktop application.