If you are not able to exit a ClaarSync 2 Desktop for Windows application normally (by clicking the <X> in the upper right corner of the application window), or you encounter the "Another instance is running" error message when you try to (re)launch the app -- which indicates that one or more of the Java-based program threads from the last launch session re still open, even though the app does not appear to be running -- you correct the situation as follows:
- Bring up the Windows Task Manager by either right-clicking a blank Windows tray area at the bottom right of the Windows desktop and selecting <Task Manager> from the pop-up menu, or pressing the <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <Del> keys together
- Click the <Processes> tab.
- Click the <Image Name> column header to sort the currently running processes alphabetically.
- If there is a <javaw.exe> entry in the list, right-click it and select <End Process Tree>.
- Click <Yes> in the "Task Manager Warning" dialog.
- The application should now launch and operate normally.
Note that shutting down and restarting the computer should also clear resolve these conditions.