The ClearSync 2 Desktop and Online Browser ("Viewer") application has a very functional but "not quite ready for prime-time" version of an <Export> feature that allows you to export contacts to a <csv> formatted file and calendars in an <ics> iCalendar format.
Because this is a pending new feature that has not yet been completed, its access command is "hidden". However, though it has not been fully tested, it is stable and should not cause any problems with your data. FYI, it is slated to be included in a major ClearSync 2 update sometime later in the year, We welcome any comments or suggestions you might have -- and please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or need more information.
- From within the ClearSync 2 application, select any Calendar view or the Contacts viewer.
- While pressing the Ctrl + Alt keys together, click the Import icon.
- Check the desired calendar or category box(es) that you wish to export.
- Click the <Folder> icon to select a target location for the export file.
- Enter a <File_name> and click Open.
- Click OK to export the file.
- Calendars are exported in the <ics> iCalendar file format.
- As there is a limit of 1000 records per <ics> file, calendars with more than 1000 events will be exported to multiple <ics> files.
- Calendars are exported with the events in chronological order, with the oldest events exported in the first file -- which is labeled <filename_0.ics> and the most recent events in the highest numbered file.
- Repetitive events instances are each exported as individual events, without repeat flag links.
- Multiple calendar assignments are not retained. Events assigned to multiple calendars will be exported as individual events with each calendar they are assigned to, potentially resulting in multiple copies of each multiply-assigned event.
- Contacts are exported in the <csv> (comma separated value) ASCII file format.
- Each Contact Category with its assigned contacts is exported separately.
- Multiple categories can be selected to export in a batch.
- Contacts assigned to multiple categories will be exported as separate records with each category they are assigned to, potentially resulting in multiple copies of each multiply-assigned contact.